KA-BAR's third introduction into the John Ek Commando Knife Co. product line is the highly anticipated Model 5. This updated version of the occupational fighting knife with hilt is made from 1095 Cro-Van and features a parkerized bowie blade, textured glass filled nylon handles and traditional X-head fasteners. A US-made Celcon sheath with retaining strap, self-locking function and multiple tie-down points is also included.
- Blade Length: 6.875 inches
- Overall length: 12.938 inches
- Edge Angles: 20 Degrees
- Shape: Bowie
- Tang Stamp: KA-BAR/Ek Commando Knife Co.
- Knife Material: 1095 Cro-Van
- Grind: Flat
- Handle Material: Glass Filled Nylon
- Rockwell Hardness: 56-58
- Butt Cap/Guard: 12GA Commercial Grd Carbon Steel
- Blade Thickness: 0.154 inches
- Blade Width: 1.25 inches
|Handle Material:||Glass-Filled Nylon|
|Knife Edge:||Plain Edge|
|Blade Length:||6.875 inch|