- Type: Airsoft Rifles
- Manufacturer: LCT Airsoft
- Model: RPKS74
- Length: 840mm / 1065mm (folded / total)
- Barrel Length: 590mm
- Weight: 4460g (with magazine)
- Material: Steel, Plastic
- Hop-up: Adjustable
- Shooting Mode: Safety, Semi-Auto, Full-Auto
- Magazine Capacity: 130 Rounds
- Bullet Type: 6mm BB
- Battery: 9.6V Battery (mini type plug)
- Power(Muzzle Velocity): 400 FPS (0.2g BB)
- Stamped steel receiver replicates the look and feel of a real AK type rifle
- Synthetic polymer furniture
- Folding integrated bipod
- Utilizes AK style side rail for AK/SVD style AK optic mounts
- Folding paratrooper side stock
- Easy to adjust hop up
- Adjustable rear leaf sight
- Standard version 3 gearbox with 9mm bearings, can be upgraded with all version 3 parts
The RPK is a 7.62x39mm light machine gun of Soviet design, developed by Mikhail Kalashnikov in the late 1950s, parallel with the AKM assault rifle. It was created as part of a program designed to standardize the small arms inventory where it replaced the 7.62x39mm RPD light machine gun. However, this is the RPKS-74, the paratrooper model of the RPK-74, equipped with a wooden folding stock from the RPKS.
When it comes to replicating AKs into the Airsoft form, LCT are one of the best in the business. This is one of the most accurate looking replicas on the market and doesn't have the same problem as most AK AEGS as their receiver is a centimeter than it should be, where the receiver meets the stock, as it has to make space for the actual gearbox, but a lot of AK AEGs are like that.
The RPK is a finely made AEG as it's made out of Aluminium, Steel and Real Wood to give its weight, which is around 4.5KG. LCT tried very hard to make the best replicas as there are parts that really show off its RPK qualities. For instance, the wooden, folding stock is a dead giveaway, the folding bipod and the magazine is a lot slimmer as it holds different caliber bullets. The airsoft version's magazine holds 600 BBs. That's a LOT of BBs.
When it comes to taking it for a spin, it shoots very well. Around 30 meters from your target, you'd hit it very frequently. The hop up unit is very sensitive so we would suggest using 0.25g BBs to make up for it. The PRKS-74 is NOT a CQB weapon. It shoots at around 400 fps which is way too high but it's perfect for outdoor skirmishes as a suppressive weapon. There is a reason why the Russians love these AKs and we can definitely see why in the LCT product line.
|Gun Caliber:||6 mm (.24 cal)|
|Gun Action:||Semi & Fully Automatic|
|FPS:||400 to 450|
|Gun Material:||Metal and Wood|
|Barrel Length:||49.8 cm (19.6 inch)|