Don't let the small size of this cutie fool you. This pint size tool is a work horse in the kitchen. Use it to quickly and easily sharpen your favorite knife in the comfort of your own home. Use the Smith's Diamond Adjustable Edge Grip to quickly sharpen your damaged and dull knives and for everyday knife maintenance. This gem sharpens damaged and dull knives with just a few pulls through the coarse slot. This slot includes diamond blades at 3-preset angles to quickly bring a dull knife back to life. Then quickly finish and polishes the knife edge with just a few pulls through the fine slot. The Edge Grip’s small size is ideal for storing in your knife drawer and for anyone with a small kitchen or little storage space.
- Adjustable 15, 20, and 25 preset sharpening angles
- Patented Edge Grip feature allows sharpening on the edge of the table or counter top- prevents the tip of larger knives from dragging over the surface of the counter
- Adjustable crossed diamond sharping rods
- Adjustable crossed ceramic sharping rods
- Compact for easy storage. Diamond blades (Coarse) provide quick edge setting capabilities, and the ceramic rods (Fine) are used for the final edge honing
- Put a small amount of Smith's Honing Solution on your stone.
- Place your blade on the end of the stone at the desired sharpening angle.
- Push the blade away from you just like you were trying to cut a thin slice off the top of the stone. Use moderate pressure, let the stone do the work. Repeat this pushing stroke 3 or 4 times. Try to maintain the same approximate angle with each stroke. This is the key to obtaining the sharpest edge.
- Sharpen the other side of the blade by placing your blade across the opposite end of your stone and repeat previous steps, this time pushing the blade toward you.
- Continue these steps until you feel your blade is truly sharp.