Type: BB Pistol.
Materials: Metal and polymer build.
Weight: 1.45 pounds (658 grams).
Barrel: 3.6 inches, non-rifled.
Total Length: 7.5 inches
Propulsion: CO2 x1.
Action: Semi auto blowback, single/double action.
Ammunition Type: 4.5mm Steel BB's.
Ammunition Capacity: 18 rounds.
Buy the magazine: UMX2255005
Trigger Pull: The trigger pull on the Umarex S&W M&P 9 M2.0 Blowback CO2 BB Pistol is about medium weight and is on the longer side to allow for the internal mechanism that pushes a BB for the magazine into the breach of the gun with each pull of the trigger. This does add a bit of additional resistance especially when the magazine is full of BB’s. As the magazine empties the spring resistance becomes less and makes the friction on the trigger less noticeable. When the slide blows back this does cock the internal hammer/striker allowing for less trigger pull then if the hammer is not actuated but I would say the trigger feels more like a double action trigger than a single action trigger even though most shots will be fired in single action.
Accuracy: I have not performed my Field Test Shooting Video for the Umarex S&W M&P 9 M2.0 Blowback CO2 BB Pistol so stay posted for that. Umarex has claimed an velocity of around 375 FPS adn this Airgun shoudl be abel to achieve that with it’s partial blowback more effect use of CO2. In terms of accuracy well I guess we will find out when I make my shooting review…
Build Quality: The Umarex S&W M&P 9 M2.0 Blowback CO2 BB Pistol build quality is fairly decent , fit and finish looks good with not too much slide wiggle and the materials used are both metal and plastic or polymer that look to be good quality.
Realism: The Umarex S&W M&P 9 M2.0 Blowback CO2 BB Pistol in terms of looking like the real steel version of its counterpart is very close for sure, would be hard to tell without further investigation. Umarex has done a great job of making this Blowback Airguns look believable by covering the CO2 screw, recessing the barrel and even working the manual safety into the right side slide catch release. In terms of operation the Umarex S&W M&P 9 M2.0 Blowback CO2 BB Pistol functions as you would expect other than it can not be easily filed striped and the blowback operation does not cycle back as much as a full blowback gun would.
- Very accurate replica of the S&W M&P 9 M2.0.
- Fairly accurate weight and feel to it.
- Metal and plastic parts where you find them on the real steel version, fit and finish is good.
- Working trigger and manual safety and working slide catch and release.
- Full size dropout metal magazine that holds BB's and CO2.
- Warning instructions are discreet under the trigger guard.
- Recessed barrel and hidden CO2 screw for more realistic look
- Fully Smith & Wesson licensed via Umarex.
- Rail for add on accessories.
- White dot sights for easy target acquisition.
- Comes with three sizes of interchangeable grips S/M/L.
- Higher fps and more shots per CO2 than full blowback versions.
- Not full blowback but uses partial blowback.
- Manual safety worked into right side slide catch release (Maybe good, maybe bad).
- Sight are not adjustable.
- Trigger is more like a double action trigger.
Overall the Umarex S&W M&P 9 M2.0 Blowback CO2 BB Pistol makes for a nice replica Blowback Airgun version of the S&W M&P 9 M2.0. There are some compromises with this version mainly the partial blowback operation that does make the trigger a bit heavier and longer than a true single action trigger would be, the slide does not cycle as fully as expected either and y9ou can not easily field strip this version. That said the shorter blowback action and the way the BB is pushed forward into the breach before each shot means that the Umarex S&W M&P 9 M2.0 Blowback CO2 BB Pistol will have a high FPS and will also get more shots per CO2. So you decide what may be more important to you at the end of the day? True realism or better performance?
|Gun Caliber:||4.5 mm (.177 cal)|
|Ammo Type:||Steel BB|
|FPS:||350 to 400|